Thursday, September 10, 2009

Student Blogging







My students have begun their journey into the wonderful world of blogging. For those of you (myself included) that may still be a little fuzzy as to what a blog might be.... click below:











Some blogs are informative. Some blogs are fun. Some blogs are well....subject matter only a select few may be interested in reading. Blogs are all of these things and so much more. Blogs let us share any information with anyone willing to read it! Think of the things you can accomplish with a blog. I can tell you on my blog to make sure you click all the links throughout and you will learn about the universe, Playstation 3, and Rick Springfield. I have given you three very diverse and interesting topics (Rick is interesting....let it go).




In my class we will be using our blogs to discuss class events, learning experiences, questions we have regarding flash programming, to answer questions we may have seen on each other's blogs, to find weekly assignments (yes, my blog will have your weekly assignments). A blog is a very powerful thing. A blog can inspire people to act, to think, to believe, to dream... If used in a positive manner a blog is a powerful and incredible tool.
















3 comments:

  1. Great post Mel. I may use your post as an example for my students. Check out some of my students blogs so far. You can access them on my blog roll. I would love to have some other globaloria educators comment on their posts! I want to check out your kids work when you get them on your blog roll.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...Duh...the blog roll is at the top. I'm checking it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, I read and commented on all the student blogs on your blog roll. They really are off to a great start! I love that you featured them in your blog. I may steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete