Monday, September 28, 2009

Back to the Grindstone

I have found that I neglected my blog as of late. It is funny how life's events such as illness, a full schedule, classes, work, etc will sidetrack you from something you love to do. Yes, I said I love to blog. Anyone that knows me knows I enjoy expressing my opinion and ideas. I am excited because my girls' interest in blogging and the wiki is increasing every day. They are learning a lot from each other. Everyone loves the Voki and wants to add one to their blog! Thanks to Jim and Bill for introducing it to me. I find if I give them time to customize their blogs and wikis they are more open to learning other things. I believe sometimes as teachers we forget to teach our students how to learn and just spew information out to them.

Okay, this is for my students:

We all read about the Fourth Grade Students in Las Vegas that were able to convince their state legislators to sign a bill making the Vivid Dancer Damselfly Nevada's Official State Insect. Your blog topic for Wednesday, September 30 is: If you had the opportunity, what new law would you propose to your state lawmakers? Why?

1 comment:

  1. Melonie,
    I am definitely stealing the prompt from you to use with my students (if you don't mind, of course :). YOu are doing a great job using a blog as a communication and reflection tool!

    ReplyDelete