Thursday, August 27, 2009

New class with some recycled students




I am sitting in my classroom observing my students; some old (recycled) and some new. I am trying to decide how I can become a better teacher this year by looking at the students of the past, their needs, and the outcomes we achieved by the end of the year. One recycled student in particular has really grown and become a student any teacher would love to have in her classroom which was not always the case. Another recycled student just found out she will be leaving within a month and 1/2 so her mind is wandering quite a bit. I look at the new students whom thought the GED classroom would be easier than high school and find themselves in a state of panic!





I need to find ways to motivate the "short timers", calm and motivate the "shell shocked", and ways to praise, instruct, and utilize the "seasoned veterans". It is a very daunting task I have before me. That being said I find myself more relaxed this year:

As opposed to last year:














My hopes for this school year are that my students will become more than anyone has even expected of them (until now) and I will become :





2 comments:

  1. Melonie, I looove the visuals in your post. And you are already a Super Teacher! Good luck and have fun. Let us know how we can help --Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog Melonie! the pictures really tell your story quite well. LOL I look forward to hearing about the progress of your class!

    ReplyDelete